A patch release that’s worth seeing.
It is that time again: we are very pleased to announce the new BlueSpice release 2.27.1, and it is difficult to believe that this is only a patch release.
When we consider the new features, Version 2.27.1 is right at the forefront. The first release of this year focuses on the optimisation of usability and applications in quality management, alongside bug-fixes.
You can find all the detailed information and documentation on our BlueSpice Helpdesk:
- Important changes
- Release Notes with Changelog
- Installation instructions with installer and without installer
- Update instructions
Here is an overview of the most important innovations in BlueSpice pro 2.27.1:
- The popular Toolbox for wiki-specific functions receives a new spot within the wiki. This makes its use significantly more friendly for the user.
- Interwiki links: multilingual systems are supported further by newly-positioned interwiki links: flags will now appear next to each other as elements in the top bar or in a drop-down menu, according to the number of languages.
- ExtendedFileList: This feature makes managing files you have uploaded to your wiki even easier. A new display provides many new options for searching, filtering and sorting your files. So you can quickly find what you are looking for.
- PageTemplates: This function now supports the use of PageForms (previously Semantic Forms), simplifying the creation of new pages in the wiki based on forms. In this way, semantic forms can already be used when creating a new page.
- CategoryManager: Categories can now easily be managed via a new user interface.
Improvements in the Review Log and the automatic approval extend BlueSpice pro’s quality assurance.
- Review: The extension Review now saves expired and concluded workflows in the history of a page, which is called the Review Log. The approval process is saved accordingly in the history so that the whole approval process can be retraced at any time.
- Automatic approval: Working together with Review and Teamwork, the wiki has been improved with an automatic approval feature. This means that a page is automatically approved when an appraisal process is successful. This approval step is thus no longer necessary.
- Teamwork: There are new SemanticMediaWiki Properties for this feature so that its metadata can be used in semantic queries. Such a query can, for example, display all articles with status “draft” which were last edited by a particular user. In this way, new, practical queries are possible, particularly in quality management.
Our developer friends will be particularly pleased about this: our Application Programming Interface (API) has received improved schema documentation. This professionalisation of the documentation for the API will simplify the connection of BlueSpice with other systems significantly.
Download the new Free version!
You can see an up-to-date comparison of the free version BlueSpice free and BlueSpice pro on our BlueSpice homepage in the Feature Comparison.
Have fun with the new version!
Your Hallo Welt! Team.