Say hello to the new BlueSpice free for MediaWiki 2.27.0 beta version!
Have you already tested it? Well then go! Since last week, there is the BlueSpice 2.27.0-beta, a minor and maintenance version of BlueSpice free, which can be downloaded to tested at SourceForge. Now we need your help!
Download the beta version and test it. Please report bugs, patches and other feedback. Any kind of feedback (the more constructive, the better) is welcome at our SourceForge forum or per email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your opinions and appreciate your help!
Try some of our interesting new features like:
- Page Assignments: Assign poeple and groups of people to pages, e.g. as responsible editors. Supersedes ResponsibleEditors.
- Disable users: Instead of user deletion, you can now disable the users while keeping their full record.
- Support your admin: certain user groups can now assign users to groups without having to be sysops. It is also possible to allow users access to a selection of administrative tools without having to be sysops.
- Namespace-specific notifications: notifications are now much more configurable. Get notified about changes in the wiki on a namespace basis.
- Track usage statistics: know how often a certain feature is used in your wiki.
- Improvements of the user experience: confirmation dialogues are more unobtrusive now.
- FlexiSkin: manage uploaded images.
- HitCounter: Restores the hit count functionality missing in MediaWiki core since MediaWiki 1.25.
- Testsystem mode: visually indicate when a wiki is a testing system.
For detailed release notes see our BlueSpice Helpdesk.
Have fun testing!
You may also like:
Leave a Reply