Finally: on Tuesday, 31st May 2016, we released the stable version of BlueSpice 2.23.3. We managed to keep our deadline
Download it here at Sourceforge.
Although it is only a “minor and maintenance” release, we include some pretty helpful features, both in BlueSpice free and BlueSpice pro.
Here are some notable new features of BlueSpice free 2.23.3:
- Compatibility: BlueSpice can now be used with MediaWiki 1.27.
- BlueSpice API: There is now a standardized API for many BlueSpice actions.
- ContextMenu: The extension is now enabled by default.
- Dashboards: There is a wiki page portlet, which allows you to use any wiki page as a dashboard item. Create your own portlets!
- ExtendedSearch: Introduces facet operators, which indicate whether multiple selections in a facet should be combined using AND or OR logic. It is now also possible to open articles in the autocomplete list in new windows or tabs.
- Flexiskin: It is now possible to disable the background image.
- GroupManager: Raised group name character limit from 16 to 255.
- InsertMagic: Tag descriptions are now much more descriptive.
- PermissionManager: Add hint flyout for every right.
- Upload: XML and SVG files can now be uploaded by default.
- UserMerge: Added extension to Distribution. Allows you to merge various users into one.
- UserSidebar: There is now a “global actions” navigation tab for every user.
- VisualEditor: Set default style for table to contenttable. This makes much nicer tables…
We also added some great new MediaWiki extensions to BlueSpice pro, e.g.
- TagCloud: Use TagClouds to display e.g. categories
- ExportTables: Export your wiki tables to Excel
- Drawio: Include diagrams in BlueSpice
- Duplicator: Duplicate articles easily
- Math: Use mathematical forms
… and many more!
You can read the detailed release notes in our BlueSpice Helpdesk.
You may also like:
Leave a Reply