On Tuesday, 10th May 2016, we released BlueSpice free 2.23.3-beta, a minor and maintenance version.
Download it here at Sourceforge.
As it’s still a beta version – the final release is scheduled for the end of May – we need YOU to put it to the acid test. Please report bugs, patches and other feedback to our Sourceforge Forums. Any feedback is appreciated
Here are some notable new features of BlueSpice free 2.23.3:
- Compatibility: BlueSpice can now be used with MediaWiki 1.27.
- BlueSpice API: There is now a standardized API for many BlueSpice actions.
- ContextMenu: The extension is now enabled by default.
- Dashboards: There is a wiki page portlet, which allows you to use any wiki page as a dashboard item. Create your own portlets!
- ExtendedSearch: Introduces facet operators, which indicate whether multiple selections in a facet should be combined using AND or OR logic. It is now also possible to open articles in the autocomplete list in new windows or tabs.
- Flexiskin: It is now possible to disable the background image.
- GroupManager: Raised group name character limit from 16 to 255.
- InsertMagic: Tag descriptions are now much more descriptive.
- PermissionManager: Add hint flyout for every right.
- Upload: XML and SVG files can now be uploaded by default.
- UserMerge: Added extension to Distribution. Allows you to merge various users into one.
- UserSidebar: There is now a “global actions” navigation tab for every user.
- VisualEditor: Set default style for table to contenttable. This makes much nicer tables…
You can read the detailed release notes in our BlueSpice Helpdesk.
You may also like:
Leave a Reply